I have such a backlog of post topics! There are folders of photos ready for the text and plenty of text waiting for photos. Heh. I’m working on it. For example, I plan a bunch of cycling review/information posts, and we had a great test yesterday by biking from northern Westchester all the way to Manhattan! Today I’ll write about the project that has been occupying me for the last two months or longer. Now I’m nearing the end, finally, and part of the delay has been that I worked on completing basic bodysuits also so that Mini had more to wear. (Not to mention that I didn’t want her to outgrow what I’d cut out before I even sewed it all!)
Orange is not usually I colour I like at all, but I have been drawn to it lately and find it compliments Mini’s colouring. I decided to get several T-shirts in oranges and yellows to use for her wardrobe. While I did that and cut them up in the summer fall has now arrived, and the ensemble I’m working on seems perfect for the season. I made a stencil (quite quickly and roughly) of poppy seed pods, but our maple tree now shows me that a Japanese maple leaf motif would have been wonderful. One day I’ll take time to create stencils which seamlessly match together and work well for stitching, but in this case I could get away with a poorly thought out one for tiny pieces. I’d first thought about using stencils I already had, but I couldn’t put off the poppies for such lovely colours.
Now I have only a little stitching left on the final piece (sleeve) before I can construct the bolero. The matching plain lighter orange bodysuit is nearly complete with just a little binding left to sew. I’m hoping to use the set for photos this weekend.
Here are some shots to show the other onesies: