I just completed the last few centimetres of binding on the poppies bodysuit, and the appliqué stitching is all done too. Today I’ll be able to construct the bolero, and I’m still on target to complete the outfit for the last predicted nice weather which we’ll be having this weekend. The plan is to go to a pumpkin patch for photos.
Meanwhile, I’ve been considering Halloween costume ideas. I had nothing, but yesterday I was looking at the bees on a blanket that I made for Mini recently, and the idea of a little bumblebee suddenly seemed nice. I think it’ll be a great costume for a toddler. I’m starting to plan it in my head and figure it may involve black and yellow tulle, some kind of black pleather for a stinger, wire and pantyhose wings, yellow and black T-shirts A. Chanin-ed into a bodysuit, pom-poms on a headband, and black tights? Maybe a few fake flowers? We’ll see.
This is the blanket. It’s just one of those no-sew fleece things. I saw the fabric and gave in to the cuteness. :shrug:
I carefully cut the two layers and then fringe strips to tie. It was really quick, and Mini likes it a lot.
That same day I also impulsively grabbed a yard of cheap (97-cent/yard) vinyl that looked cute to make a little rain coat. I’d been meaning to make a mini-cloak-coat, like mine, for her. I tackled that and made the pattern right away. The raincoat is all cut out, but I didn’t sew it up yet. After all, I doubt she’ll actually use it until spring. I’d like to make a wool version too, but I haven’t found a large enough thrift coat to cut up yet. I’m hoping for red, but maybe I’ll find some pretty shade of some other colour.
Time now to sew a little!